Frank Cho apesandbabes forum message board
Home Forum Contact Liberty Meadows Register Profile Check your private messages Log in
June 19-21, 2015 is Heroes Con in Charlotte, NC

Reply to topic FRANK CHO Forum Index - ► Cavewoman & Budd Root
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_UgoM!_
ut infra

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:44 am    Post subject: June 19-21, 2015 is Heroes Con in Charlotte, NC Reply with quote

Quote:
Hey everybody!  This weekend June 19-21, 2015 is Heroes Con in Charlotte, NC.   This is Budd's home turf and he will be there along with the awesome Mr. Andy Smith, another local.  So, if you are in the area - go on over!  Heroes Con is one of the best "more comics and artists" shows around - anywhere...

Okay, we have two new arrivals that are here but I am working on getting to them to distributors first before we can ship out to our mail order customers.   Rob's Cavewoman Return 3 (of 4) and Devon's Castaway.

I must apologize for something that happened with Devon's book.  The art is really, really good.  Inks with greywash applied to various areas - very nice looking (pages will be on eBay in 1.5 weeks or so, along with the covers).  I approved the print ready files but when the printer actually printed the book, they printed too dark.  Essentially removing a lot of the detail work, especially in the hair of the characters.  Just overall toooooo dark.  Though the printer offered to fix the situation, due to  details not explained here - we were unable to do anything but keep the books we had.  Still a good book, but could have been much better.  So, I apologize for this snafu.  I have already taken the steps to prevent this from ever happening again.

I am gonna try something new and see how it goes.  On the site right now, you can "preorder" both books and still order other books if you wish.  This will put you in line now for when I start shipping the books.  Normally, I get on here and say the books are in, and then we get a flood of orders and are slow to getting them out on time.  This way, I can pack them early, but not ship until we are allowed to.  Maybe that matters, maybe not, you guys can decide.  But, you can buy them now if you wish.  Special note - if you do order them and add other books to the order - the ENTIRE order will ship when Rob and Devon's books are ready to be sent.

http://www.amryl.com

Oh, and before I forget - we are working on a new 2015 Convention book much like the other years.  It should be ready for Budd to have copies at Heroes Con and of course he will sign them for you.  They will be available online, but not until late July, I think.

Thanks!   Kevin

Valeyard

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be at heroes and looking forward to seeing the new sketch book.
againstfifteen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be at the con, too, but only Saturday and Sunday. Any idea if he's doing commissions and if so, how can I work something out with him? I'll definitely be picking up a sketchbook if he's still got them on Saturday. Smile
Valeyard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Budd as always was amazing at heroes. You cannot find a more kind person and he is without a doubt the best artist at the show. He drew a wizard of oz piece for the charity auction that was beautiful.  He was also very busy, but he took great care with every piece he drew.
roycethrower

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valeyard wrote:
Budd as always was amazing at heroes. You cannot find a more kind person and he is without a doubt the best artist at the show. He drew a wizard of oz piece for the charity auction that was beautiful. He was also very busy, but he took great care with every piece he drew.

I loved his auction piece!  And you are right, he is a really sincere and nice guy!
Valeyard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw most of the auction pieces and in my opinion budds was the best, with the mouse guard piece and slave leia being a distant second. I wasn't there for the actual auction so does anybody know how much budds oz piece went for?
againstfifteen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it went for between 700-800, which was such a steal! The guy right in front of me got it, haha. It was a really nice piece. I also really liked the Steve Mannion watercolor.
Reply to topic FRANK CHO Forum Index - ► Cavewoman & Budd Root All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: