Frank Cho apesandbabes forum message board
Home Forum Contact Liberty Meadows Register Profile Check your private messages Log in
Pics need Host to Post - best free image hosting services

Reply to topic FRANK CHO Forum Index - ► No Shirts. No Shoes. No Problem.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zeus Monkey
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 10:41 am    Post subject: Pics need Host to Post - best free image hosting services Reply with quote

Pics need Host to Post

This has been mentioned before, but there isn't a thread dedicated to it, so it is not easily found. I didn't find it.

Over the years, I've seen people trying to post pictures here on the Forum, but they didn't know that they needed to be loaded to an image hosting web site first. The URL isn't always enough. You first have to save the pictures to your computer, and then upload to the host web site.

There are many image hosting web sites out there like Photobucket, Imageshack, ImageVenue, etc., but censorship is strong with some of them. If you will be posting adult content, a.k.a. nudity (sexual acts are NOT allowed), in DEAN'S PIGPEN, you will need to use one that allows it. Imageshack does not, and will remove the pic if someone reports that it contains nudity. Believe it or not, we have had many pics lost due to some prude reporting them. In a nutshell, Imageshack sucks.

Personally, I use http://postimage.org/. It allows nudity. Also, it requires you to mark the picture as either ADULT content or FAMILY safe.

Another thing you should try, if you are searching the web for pics, is that some of the pics viewable on some sites are already hosted on a image hosting web site. Try to right-click on the pic first. If the option comes up to copy image URL, it can sometimes just be copied and pasted to post. Someone has already gone to all the trouble of hosting a pic. I know this usually works on tumblr. This will make posting much quicker as the hosting websites can take up a bit of time to upload pics.

Happy posting!

ZM

***UPDATE***  11-28-16

You may want to host your pics with another website... other than with postimage.org.

I just went to host a pic with http://postimage.org/ and found that they may be having to shut down. That being said, a lot of the pics I've been posting on there may not be visible, or may be permanently lost if they do shut down. It's a real shame, too. Some 140 million images embedded over the past decade into some 450 thousand websites will be lost if they cannot figure out how to keep going. They were on a business plan that cost them about $200 per month, and apparently were in violation of their TOS with CloudFlare for allowing it to be used for storage of images. They've surpassed 1.8 Petabytes of traffic usage in the past 30 days. That's over 1800 Terabytes. In short, they are now looking at a $12,000 per month bill that they cannot afford. They are looking for a CDN that is capable and willing of serving 1.8 Petabytes of outgoing traffic per month free of charge, or for donations to help pay a monthly $12,000 bill from CloudFlare. They have received about $600 in donations since posting it on their website yesterday. You can read all about it by clicking on the link above.
_UgoM!_
ut infra

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good suggestion, Z.M.!

I use, for 'family safe' images http://onebit.us/
I's super easy to use, just drag and drop and click on the 'copy the BBC code' button, and you paste it here. 3 clicks of the mouse, done.
Zeus Monkey
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: Pics need Host to Post - best free image hosting service Reply with quote

Zeus Monkey wrote:
Pics need Host to Post

This has been mentioned before, but there isn't a thread dedicated to it, so it is not easily found. I didn't find it.

Over the years, I've seen people trying to post pictures here on the Forum, but they didn't know that they needed to be loaded to an image hosting web site first. The URL isn't always enough. You first have to save the pictures to your computer, and then upload to the host web site.

There are many image hosting web sites out there like Photobucket, Imageshack, ImageVenue, etc., but censorship is strong with some of them. If you will be posting adult content, a.k.a. nudity (sexual acts are NOT allowed), in DEAN'S PIGPEN, you will need to use one that allows it. Imageshack does not, and will remove the pic if someone reports that it contains nudity. Believe it or not, we have had many pics lost due to some prude reporting them. In a nutshell, Imageshack sucks.

Personally, I use http://postimage.org/. It allows nudity. Also, it requires you to mark the picture as either ADULT content or FAMILY safe.

Another thing you should try, if you are searching the web for pics, is that some of the pics viewable on some sites are already hosted on a image hosting web site. Try to right-click on the pic first. If the option comes up to copy image URL, it can sometimes just be copied and pasted to post. Someone has already gone to all the trouble of hosting a pic. I know this usually works on tumblr. This will make posting much quicker as the hosting websites can take up a bit of time to upload pics.

Happy posting!

ZM

***UPDATE***  11-28-16

You may want to host your pics with another website... other than with postimage.org.

I just went to host a pic with http://postimage.org/ and found that they may be having to shut down. That being said, a lot of the pics I've been posting on there may not be visible, or may be permanently lost if they do shut down. It's a real shame, too. Some 140 million images embedded over the past decade into some 450 thousand websites will be lost if they cannot figure out how to keep going. They were on a business plan that cost them about $200 per month, and apparently were in violation of their TOS with CloudFlare for allowing it to be used for storage of images. They've surpassed 1.8 Petabytes of traffic usage in the past 30 days. That's over 1800 Terabytes. In short, they are now looking at a $12,000 per month bill that they cannot afford. They are looking for a CDN that is capable and willing of serving 1.8 Petabytes of outgoing traffic per month free of charge, or for donations to help pay a monthly $12,000 bill from CloudFlare. They have received about $600 in donations since posting it on their website yesterday. You can read all about it by clicking on the link above.

***UPDATE*** 7-1-17
There is another website called PIXXXELS.org that is an image host created specially for erotic and otherwise adult imagery. Postimage.org is still around, but now only for family safe images.
Reply to topic FRANK CHO Forum Index - ► No Shirts. No Shoes. No Problem. All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: