The Godzilla oil painting is finally dried and scanned. The Godzilla painting will be used as the cover to the program book at Big Wow Comic Fest in San Jose, California for the upcoming Godzilla anniversary and the new movie. http://bigwowcomicfest.com
Big things are afoot at Big Wow Comic Fest. Some of the biggest names in comics will be at the show including Mike Mignola, Arthur Adams, Humberto Ramos, Charlie Adlard, Neal Adams, Mike Zeck and many, many more.
Also, I’ll be teaching my free figure drawing class with the lovely Ivy Doomkitty as the live model. I can’t wait to see which character Ivy will dressed as for the class. Like I said big things are afoot. ;-)
See you guys at the show.
Two big shows are just around the corner for me: Spectrum Fantastic Art Live at Kansas City, Missouri and Big Wow Comic Fest at San Jose, California. Both shows are on May.
Here are the reasons why these shows are special to me:
SPECTRUM FANTASTIC ART LIVE (May 9 – 11, Kansas City, Missouri) http://spectrumfantasticartlive.com
* Focuses on Movie concept art, video game concept art, book illustrations and comic art.
* Rare opportunity to meet the finest painters and illustrators of the industry.
* Several of these top artists will be doing free drawing and painting demonstrations throughout the weekend.
* I’ll be doing a live art demonstration in front of a live audience.
* I’ll be taking a short commission list.
BIG WOW COMIC FEST ( May 17 – 18, San Jose, California) http://www.bigwowcomicfest.com
* Focuses on Comic art, illustrations and Cosplay.
* Several of the top comic book artists will be doing a free workshop and art demonstrations throughout the weekend.
* I’ll be teaching a free figure drawing class with the bodacious Ivy Doomkitty as the live model.
* One of the biggest cosplay gatherings in the nation including free cosplay work shops on making costumes and props.
* Famous Monsters of Filmland will bring couple of the original Japanese Godzilla actors for a super rare US appearance.
* I’ll be doing a free oil painting demonstration all weekend.
* I’m bring original art to sell.
If you haven’t bought your tickets for these shows, do so now while they are still available. See you guys there.
Here’s the Big Wow Comic Fest program book cover celebrating Godzilla, the King of the Monsters.
I’ve always been a fan of Godzilla but I never had the chance to draw him until now. I have to admit that Godzilla is one of the hardest things I drew. Godzilla is essentially a giant lizard with cat-like face complete with snout and ears, and big ping pong eyes. Very difficult to make this beast menacing.
I’m still working on this oil painting. The foreground is still work-in-progress. I hope to have everything finished and scanned (and dried) in time for the printer. Knock on wood.