Frank Cho apesandbabes forum message board
Home Forum Contact Liberty Meadows Register Profile Check your private messages Log in
50 Girls 50 Publishing Schedule!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic FRANK CHO Forum Index - ► Frank Cho Comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frank Cho
Monkeyboy King

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:35 am    Post subject: 50 Girls 50 Publishing Schedule! Reply with quote

One Click on the image to zoom in ------------- Double-click on image to zoom out

Well, it took over a year and countless hours of stress but “50 Girls 50″ is ready to launch.

For those joining us late, “50 Girls 50″ was an world-wide experimental talent search on the internet. I like to think of it as American Idol for Comic Book Artist. About a year ago, co-creator, Doug Murray, and I decided to have an open audition for comic book artist to illustrate our sci-fi story, “50 Girls 50″. The winner would get a shot at comic book stardom by being named the artist of “50 Girls 50″ and paid a hefty page rate for drawing it.

The competition was fierce. Over 150 submissions were received. After weeks of deliberation, a small handful of extremely talented finalists were selected. All of them were at professional levels. From that pool of finalists, Axel Medellin was chosen the winner. And boy, Is Axel a winner. Not only is he very fast and skilled artist, he’s a great storyteller. Axel finished all 4 issues ahead of deadline.

The original plan was for me to coordinate and shepherd this project along from start to finish. However with my tremendous workload in comics, movies and video games, I could not devote the time to the project as I wished. So I had to give up my control and hand the helms over to another…

Enter Joe Keatinge, the Eisner and Harvey Awards winning editor of Image Comics “Popgun”. With Joe Keatinge, on board as the editor, Image Comics are in the final stages of publishing this new mini-series.

Here’s the publishing schedule of “50 Girls 50″ mini-series.

#1 On Sale - 06/01

#2 On Sale - 07/06

#3 On Sale - 08/03

#4 On Sale - 09/07

Frank Cho

One Click on the image to zoom in ------------- Double-click on image to zoom out

Nightcrawler86

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 50 Girls 50 Launch Schedule! Reply with quote

Frank Cho wrote:
However with my tremendous workload in comics, movies and video games...

Anybody want to fill me in?
EsotericCreator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*images a with Dead or Alive type character physics with Marvel vs. Capcom type fighting all designed by Frank*

blowup

I'm looking forward to the issues..!
Elvgrenized

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will all four of your covers be included in this Summer's Sketches & Scribbles in time for San Diego?   Smile
plaisier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

movies? I missed something too
Jonny Rosselli

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the dates day/month or month/day? I'm used to the military "12 APR 1985" format so I get confused when I see numbers and slashes. Either way I'm looking forward to this series.
Batusi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

month/day
dgbeltsville

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:39 am    Post subject: Re: 50 Girls 50 Launch Schedule! Reply with quote

Nightcrawler86 wrote:
Frank Cho wrote:
However with my tremendous workload in comics, movies and video games...

Anybody want to fill me in?
I think that lack of sleep from working on that cover has Frank thinking he's already talked about something he may or not be working on.  Either that or he felt like teasing everyone...
Batusi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.comicboo......id=8131 ...now in COLOR!
moun10dew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to this book. 2 questions though since I can't make it to a con to ask you in person. 1...what are the chances of this book hitting the same release schedule as one of your other Image title that we haven't seen in almost 6 years. and 2. what are the chances of us ever seeing that book that we haven't seen in almost 6 years ever reaching a conclusion? haha just as a reminder for everyone that title was called Liberty Meadows.
Reply to topic FRANK CHO Forum Index - ► Frank Cho Comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: