Frank Cho apesandbabes forum message board
Home Forum Contact Liberty Meadows Register Profile Check your private messages Log in
OH! (warning: culoandtatas)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic FRANK CHO Forum Index - ► Frank Cho Comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frank Cho
Monkeyboy King

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:25 am    Post subject: OH! (warning: culoandtatas) Reply with quote

One Click on the image to zoom in ------------- Double-click on image to zoom out

Boy, I canít believe that itís August already. Time sure flies when youíre buried in work.
I have so many things in the pipeline right now. It makes my head spin just thinking about it.

Hereís a short list of my stuff thatís coming out in the next 12 months:

1) GUNS & DINOS - 3 issue miniseries from Image Comics. The first issue is coming out November 2011. Iím pretty excited about it. Iíve been sitting on this story for about 12 years and finally decided to pull the trigger on it. Iíll have the sneak peek up soon.

2) BRUTAL - Joe Keatinge and I have been co-writing this all summer. Itís pretty scary how fast the story came together. We even have the second and third story arcs outlined. Iíll start drawing once I finish Guns and Dinos. Brutal is tentatively scheduled for April 2012 release.

3) X-MEN miniseries written and drawn by me. I canít say too much right now but this miniseries will have three of the hottest women in the Marvel Universe.

4) JUNGLE QUEEN - This is a pet project of mine that Iíve been writing and drawing, well mostly doodling, for fun since last year. My plan is to watercolor and paint the whole book. At this point, it will only be published in France where thereís no censorship against nudity like here in America. (I may have several pages in my next sketchbook.) With my current workload, this book wonít come out anytime soon but itíll definitely come out in the next 2-3 years. Iíll keep you posted.

Hereís a penciled pin-up of her fishing. Enjoy.

---
Frank Cho
clarkkers

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How bout releasing the Jungle Queen book as a digital thing (ebook or something)? That way you can circumvent publishers who would censor it.

I don't live in France!
DMAN
elevated monkeyboy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A life-size pop-up book would be awesome!
Agent69

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank, I find it hard to believe that Jungle Queen can't be published in the US, especially if we are just talking about nudity (and nothing like explicit sex). If nothing else, you could probably fund printing the book yourself via a Kickstarter project, which I have seen a few comic creators do.
Cardinal Ximenez

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DMAN wrote:
A life-size pop-up book would be awesome!

A book full of drawings like that would certainly make me "pop up".

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
ddporter
Barbershop Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: ********** OH! (warning: culoandtatas) ********** Reply with quote

Frank Cho wrote:
3) X-MEN miniseries written and drawn by me. I canít say too much right now but this miniseries will have three of the hottest women in the Marvel Universe.

Considering Frank could make Aunt May look hot (well, maybe), this doesn't narrow it down much...
brows76

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck try AVATAR comics Frank. Check out Garth Ennis'  CROSSED series over there. The fact that it gets printed without mass protests is stunning to me. I do like it but WOW it is really something.
Agent69

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The publishers who I think would take it are Fantagraphics, Avatar, and Top Shelf. I own a number of books by all three publishers, as I only buy creator owned comics, and they have shown a willingness to take chances and print adult material.
Archangel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Heavy Metal, or Humanoids publishing?
_UgoM!_
ut infra

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

..or Amryl Entertainment/Basement Comics?
Reply to topic FRANK CHO Forum Index - ► Frank Cho Comics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: