Frank Cho apesandbabes forum message board
Home Forum Contact Liberty Meadows Register Profile Check your private messages Log in
LIBERTY MEADOWS Is Coming Back!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic FRANK CHO Forum Index - ► Frank Cho Comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frank Cho
Monkeyboy King

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 2:03 am    Post subject: LIBERTY MEADOWS Is Coming Back!!! Reply with quote

One Click on the image to zoom in ------------- Double-click on image to zoom out
People  have been asking me about the status of Liberty Meadows for awhile now. So today, I’m here to address that very question.

Yes, Liberty Meadows is alive and well. I’ve been quietly working on it since I got my rights back from Sony. Issue 38 will hopefully come out end of this year.

Let’s back track a minute. About 3 years ago, Sony got the rights to Liberty Meadows to develop it as a downloadable original cartoon series for their new Sony Digital division. I wrote the original pilot episode but it was rejected for being too “risque”. So other writers were brought in to tone it down and make it more kid friendly. Once I read the rewrite, I thought it completely missed the point of Liberty Meadows. So I rewrote the rewrite, and this went back and forth couple of times until we reached a compromised script. We turned that script into an traditional 2D animated pilot episode.

Enter Sony Television division. They saw the pilot episode and liked it. Liberty Meadows get bumped up to their television division and a TV series is planned. However there is one request, Sony Television people wanted Liberty Meadows to be more “risque” with adult humor like the “Family Guy”. This is the point where I rip my hair out in frustration. Sony Digital people rejected my original script for that very reason, for being too “risque”.

So I go back and re-polish the original script, adding more scenes to make it longer to fit the television episode time frame. As I’m doing this, a new Sony television contract is being drafted to replace my Sony digital contract. Then the recession hit. Then the three Sony executives who were shepherding this project along since the beginning leave Sony. The new guy who takes over have no interest in projects started by his predecessors. Thus Liberty Meadows TV show goes into limbo… and we wait and wait. Ultimately under the inactivity clause, all the Liberty Meadows rights revert back to me, and concludes my 2 year journey at Sony.

Now Liberty Meadows is back home, firmly under my complete control again.

Will I turn Liberty Meadows into a movie or a TV show? Sure, if the right offer comes along. However until that offer comes, I’m going to enjoy writing and drawing the next misadventures of Brandy and crew at Liberty Meadows with no suits looking over my shoulder telling me which market I should target.

Frank Cho
_UgoM!_
ut infra

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FANTASTICULO!!!  Brandy, Jen, Frank, Dean, Leslie, Ralph, Truman and Oscar are still alive!!!!
banana_rock  banana skip  banana_rock  dancing   banana_rock banana skip  banana_rock
Eight Track Cadillac
Former Lord of Zany

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This news just made my week.  Very Very Happy ( I work shift work, so it's Wednesday for me)
brows76

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured this announcement had to be coming once you got the rights back!!!!

AWESOME!!!!!
Tom the Digger

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

F**K YEAH!!! Finally! Is there any way that we could see that pilot episode?
Otter

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where it belongs.  Can't wait to see more COMICS!
Adremmelech
FOC Freak

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is great news! Welcome back, Liberty Meadows!
Ray-Cuthbert

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is absolutely fabulous news.  LIBERTY MEADOWS is what we want to see, and have been wanting for a long, long time.  Sorry to hear about all the garbage with Sony, but it's great to hear that you're ready to roll without the banal restrictions, Frank!
Tung Lashor

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FINALLY!!! Very Very Happy
I can't wait to see it.
EsotericCreator

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear God is Hollywood one f**ked up place. How can you look at Liberty Meadows and want to water it down in the first place??

Well, you're stronger from the experience, and the book is back to where it should be...for pervy adults who enjoy great art and a laugh ;p
Reply to topic FRANK CHO Forum Index - ► Frank Cho Comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: