Frank Cho apesandbabes forum message board
Home Forum Contact Liberty Meadows Register Profile Check your private messages Log in
Mars Ape sketch

Reply to topic FRANK CHO Forum Index - ► Frank Cho Comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frank Cho
Monkeyboy King

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Mars Ape sketch Reply with quote

Been cleaning all day.

I let my apartment go to hell in a hand basket. Havenít cleaned it since before Baltimore Comicon, and I have a truckload of work that I need to do. The thing is I canít draw in a messy work environment. So, Iíve been cleaning all day.

The fun thing about cleaning is that I find old abandoned sketches in my piles of paper scattered all over my living room and computer desk.

This hereís a Mars ape sketch that I did about 2 years ago for fun.
Not a bad pose. Might finish it some time in the future when things are slower.
One Click on the image to zoom in ------------- Double-click on image to zoom out

dayofthedead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome Frank!  Hope to see more John Carter inspired work!

I think it's inspired by John Carter anyway...
skull island

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: great! Reply with quote

Hey, I love it! Be sure to give us a peek if you finish this up.

I'd volunteer to clean your apartment. Free! Especially any stacks of unsightly scribbles that have accumulated near your drawing board.
No, no need to thank me. The knowledge that you'll be able to continue to produce great art in a clean working environment is thanks enough.

Come on, Tonto. Our work here is done.
Why Kemosabe's saddle bags bulge with sketch paper?
Hi ho, Silver! Away!
skull island

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: John Carter Reply with quote

Hey, since Dayofthedead mentioned John Carter art have you noticed that everybody and his sister has been doing some recently, probably inspired by anticipation of the coming film. I just saw a Deja Thoris drawing by Neal Adams and his son (Joel?) over on CAF. So Mr. Prez Cho, sir, any chance we'll see a weekly sketch or two of the Mars ladies from you?
Best,
Aaron
P.S. Tharks, thoats, banths, and Mars apes are also appreciated. Very much appreciated.
DMAN
elevated monkeyboy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ook!

monkey
Archangel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:41 am    Post subject: Re: John Carter Reply with quote

skull island wrote:
Hey, since Dayofthedead mentioned John Carter art have you noticed that everybody and his sister has been doing some recently, probably inspired by anticipation of the coming film. I just saw a Deja Thoris drawing by Neal Adams and his son (Joel?) over on CAF. So Mr. Prez Cho, sir, any chance we'll see a weekly sketch or two of the Mars ladies from you?
Best,
Aaron
P.S. Tharks, thoats, banths, and Mars apes are also appreciated. Very much appreciated.

Pretty much every artist that does fantasy/sci-fi has done at least one Dejah Thoris pic.  I have several on the go myself, that I've been working on for some time.  

Have you seen Boomvavoom's site?  Barsoom art by loads of illustrators.

BTW Michael Kutsche has hinted at uploading some of his JCOM concept art on DeviantArt as soon as he gets a breather.
Erik Burnham
Burnhamaniac!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This just makes me sad in a way.

I was paid (cashed the check!) to write a comics adaption of A Princess of Mars.  I managed to make it ALL fit in 64 pages (with some finesse.)

Turned it in in February 08!  Still hasn't come out.  May not even have been drawn!  Which is the part that makes me sad when I see Frank's Burroughsian stuff.

(But again, the check cashed! lol.)
RVM45

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've often wondered at a probable anatomy for a four-armed Homid--with Humanlike Skeleton and musculature.

{If you go with something completely Alien; its "Dueces Wild" and most anything goes...}

You can make the lower arms the "Regular" arms; and add a Football Shoulder Pad girdle of Super-Clavical; Super-Scapula--and some very robust dual-action Traps {Big set to lift both sets of Shoulder girdles--or maybe they could be set to function independantly...

If you make the top arms the "Regular" then you can downsize the lower aucxilliary set somewhat...

I mean a six foot human with a set of top arms with sixteen inch bicepts; and a set of lower auxilliary arms somewhat shorter, and with only thirteen inch bicepts would still have a potent pair of extra appendages in a grapple; boxing match; multiple blade knife or sword fight...

Still, the lower clavicle will have to be cleverly thought out; to not interfere with full motion of the top arms...

And then, are there any extra ribs between arms? Extra lung lobes?

Anyway, your four armed ape hangs together as well, and generally better than most four arm drawings that I've seen.

Edgar Rice Burroughs Rocks!!!  

.....RVM45    Cool
Reply to topic FRANK CHO Forum Index - ► Frank Cho Comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: