Frank Cho apesandbabes forum message board
Home Forum Contact Liberty Meadows Register Profile Check your private messages Log in
Emerald City Con 2009: Frank Cho's original art for sale
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic FRANK CHO Forum Index - ► Frank Cho Comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_UgoM!_
ut infra

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:19 am    Post subject: Emerald City Con 2009: Frank Cho's original art for sale Reply with quote

One Click on the image to zoom in ------------- Double-click on image to zoom out

Quote:
Welp, my bags are packed and Im off to Emerald City Comicon in
Seattle, Washington.

Many may know that I dont do sketches at conventions anymore due to
eBay art flippers. And quite frankly, I hate doing them. I rather meet
and talk with the fans than chained to a desk pumping out characters
that I have no desire to draw.

So like in the recent past, Im bringing two original art (drawn on
the rare Shanna print) for sale. These are the only two art that Ill
be selling at the show. ($1500 each.) So first come. First serve.

See you guys there.

Frank Cho

Both pieces ( LARGE SCANS) can bee seen at http://apesandbabes.com/?p=388

One Click on the image to zoom in ------------- Double-click on image to zoom out

arycogre

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those damned eBay flippers!! They have ruined my chance to cajole Frank into being one of the first few artists to contribute to my very first, personal sketch collection sci-fi theme book...

I'm hoping to have Ben Templesmith do a sketch of his Wormwood as Rick Deckard from Blade Runner as an example. That's the only real specific one I can think of. Otherwise I intend for it to be like the book a friend of mine started last year; a collection of each artist's favorite monster - comic, movie or otherwise.

Oh well. I can understand and sympathize. It's one of the reasons why I like getting books signed with a personalization so that the signer knows that book is for me and my collection; not so I can sell it off.

- Aryc
skull island

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Yikes! Reply with quote

Wow! Beautiful drawings!
Yeah, I can understand Herr Cho's feelings too. Wish it were otherwise; the ebay flippers ruin it for those of us who would really like to get some of Frank's artwork. There is still Steve Morger to be consulted with, however. And one of these days I'm thinking Frank will do one of his rampaging ape drawings, and then, by golly, I'll be there. Smile Ya, gotta have a dream!
 Thanks for the look at these.
skull island

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: P. S. Reply with quote

By the way, arycogre, I like the idea for your sketchbook. Favorite monster would be a theme I'd go with too!
Great idea. Wish I'd thought of it first. Good luck with that.
GoodPirate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It not just Ebay flippers, most of Frank work is illegally being downloaded off the internet through a BitTorrent site called Pirate Bay. They even have the entire Library Meadow library.
dayofthedead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Sigh* Sad

Well there goes my opportunity to have Frank contribute to my "Vertigo Characters" Sketchbook at Calgary.

Frank, getting to talk to you and getting a few autographs on some of my favorite books would be awesome.  Hell, I mostly want to see if you and Liana will get into some crazy hijinks at Calgary.  BUT if you're unwilling to draw sketches of characters you don't care about, then what about your own creations?

If say, someone were to bring a Shanna or Jungle Girl book, would you quickly sketch the title character, inside the book?  Maybe even a dinosaur sketch?  Remember the jam piece of Wonder Woman and Dean you did with Adam Hughes?  How can fans not love your con sketches after great results like that?

Unlike some of the sketch and autograph parasites out there, I have no desire to just take my possession and just sell it on eBay.  I think I speak for many other people on this forum too.  Just some food for thought.
BoomVaVaVoom

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ridiculous...how can a mere human be capable of such drawing...ridiculous I say!  Evil or Very Mad
Halbred

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love 'em! Haven't seen a topless cavegirl in a long time. As usual, her top is being stolen by a little pterosaur.

You know, Frank, there are more pterosaurs out there than just Pteranodon. LOTS more.  Wink
Nightcrawler86

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love them! More jungle girls, please! By the way, when are we going to see the cover for Jungle Girl #5?

GoodPirate wrote:
It not just Ebay flippers, most of Frank work is illegally being downloaded off the internet through a BitTorrent site called Pirate Bay. They even have the entire Library Meadow library.

Damn Swedes!!
Cardinal Ximenez

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im starting to think the real reason dinosaurs went extinct was because they kept stealing Meriems and Janas clothes.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Reply to topic FRANK CHO Forum Index - ► Frank Cho Comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: