Frank Cho apesandbabes forum message board
Home Forum Contact Liberty Meadows Register Profile Check your private messages Log in
Holy Cow! Has Hell frozen over?! Liberty Meadows #38 preview
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic FRANK CHO Forum Index - ► Frank Cho Comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Will Vanderburg

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not the link you're looking for, but Frank says when......
Nightcrawler86

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will Vanderburg wrote:
Scroll down in this link.....

http://www.amazon.c......e=after

Here's the interview for the lazy monkeys:
Quote:
ECCC 2009: Interview with Frank Cho
by Omnivoracious.com at 9:29 AM PDT, April 16, 2009

Looking at the action-packed, superhero artwork in The Mighty Avengers, it’s hard to imagine that Frank Cho’s career began on the humble, charming series Liberty Meadows. There, he amassed a following of fans with his goofy sense of humor and penchant for drawing curvaceous female coeds. It’s been a very busy past couple of years, with Mr. Cho putting Liberty Meadows on hiatus to work with writers like Brian Michael Bendis and overseeing the publication of titles like Jungle Girl and Savage Red Sonja. Emerald City ComiCon 2009 was no less busy for Mr. Cho, but he nicely took time out of his stay to chat with me about 2009 projects involving a partnership with writer Jeph Loeb and the future of Liberty Meadows.

Frank mentioned that for fans who cannot travel to conventions and pick up his limited edition sketchbooks, Image Comics will releaseApes and Babes: The Art of Frank Cho Book 1 this May. Many thanks again to Frank Cho for his time at Emerald City ComiCon 2009.

Amazon.com: 2009 looks to be a really big year for Cho fans. You’ve got the New Ultimates storyline coming up with Jeph Loeb, and then a Hulk collection—also written by Jeph Loeb. How did the two of you start working together?

Frank Cho: Jeph called me up one day, basically (laughs). He liked my stuff and wanted to work with me, and it’s as easy as that.

Amazon.com: Can’t turn him down.

Frank Cho: No, you can’t turn down Jeph Loeb.

Amazon.com: Mr. Loeb has a reputation for writing to his artists’ strengths—his Batman: Hush story arc with Jim Lee comes to mind—what can fans expect in your team-up on the New Ultimates series?

Frank Cho: A lot of boobs (laughs). No, no, I’m just kidding. A lot of action—a lot of over-the-top action, and a lot of beautiful women, and a lot of suspense.

Amazon.com: How many issues will that series be?

Frank Cho: It’s going to be five issues.  

Amazon.com: I’m sure you’ve been asked this a thousand times today, but where the heck is [Liberty Meadows star] Brandy?

Frank Cho: I’m actually working on Liberty Meadows #38 right now. It’s going to come out at the end of the year. So, she’s still around (laughs).

Amazon.com: After doing so much work for Marvel recently, do you miss working on your creator-owned projects?

Frank Cho: Yeah, I do. I mean, there’s so much freedom. Jeph is really great to work with, [but] at the end of the day, you’re playing with someone else’s characters. I do miss playing with my own characters at times.

Amazon.com: Starting as you did, by working on your own creations, are there any unsung creators you feel should be more widely read by comic fans?

Frank Cho: I’ve always enjoyed Mark Schultz. I think he’s another incredible talent. Al Williamson, although he’s retired (laughs). I enjoy Howard Chaykin’s stuff—he’s a nut. There’s a lot of people I enjoy reading whom I can’t think of right now.

Amazon.com:Can you give us any details on Liberty Meadows #38?

Frank Cho: The cow is off his meds, so he goes crazy; more with Brandy dealing with her upcoming wedding. I’m actually doing a Liberty Meadows Sunday strip collection book. It’s going to be two books: Collection Book 1 will collect the first three years of the Liberty Meadows Sunday strips, and Collection Book 2 will collect Liberty Meadows years four and five of the Sunday strips. Book 1 will come out in July or August.

Thanks for the link, Will!
Reply to topic FRANK CHO Forum Index - ► Frank Cho Comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: