Frank Cho apesandbabes forum message board
Home Forum Contact Liberty Meadows Register Profile Check your private messages Log in
Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy

Reply to topic FRANK CHO Forum Index - ► Frank Cho Comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frank Cho
Monkeyboy King

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:50 pm    Post subject: Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy Reply with quote

Done! I've spent this nice Father's Day finishing up this Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy pin-up in peace and quiet, something I needed after a hectic week of chaos.

When I was drawing this piece, I was surprised by the number of different costumes Harley Quinn had. The real challenge was not drawing the figure or the attitude of the characters but which costume to choose for Harley Quinn. Overall, I had fun drawing this pin-up and I'll probably do more in the future.

This original art measures 14" x 21", and will be for sale at San Diego Comic-Con.

--
FRANK CHO
One Click on the image to zoom in ------------- Double-click on image to zoom out

MizAllie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the sense of motion is out of this world! Everything about this is just fabulous! BRAVO!
skull island

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:31 pm    Post subject: Terrific! Reply with quote

Well, I was hoping for some Burroughs' inspired Mars art for this year's SDCC poster, but I have to agree with Allie on this. You are definitely hitting on all eight cylinders here. It might be nice to see who Harley is smacking the crap out of though. Great work!
skull island

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:11 am    Post subject: Bats! Reply with quote

Okay, okay. I'm a little slow these days. I finally clicked on the image to see the whole thing. Very nice! And it certainly explains Harley and Ivy's troubled expressions. Before I saw this I imagined a bare foot flying out of the frame being knocked right out of its Bat Boot. Smile
RayBerneII

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[size=18]Disney are idiots to reject that Slave Princess Leia cover.[/size]
CMWolf

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:22 am    Post subject: Love this piece Reply with quote

Was fortunate enough to print the line art for this piece and spent the better part of a work shift lovingly coloring it with pencil. Took my time to be certain to respect the original art and it turned out awesome! Love the looks on both ladies' faces. Excellent piece good sir!
dayofthedead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what's even more awesome than this image everyone?

The fact that after the Wonder Woman covers, Uncle Frank will be doing Harley Quinn variant covers!

The DC Solicitations for December list Frank as the artist doing the variant covers for Harley I believe starting with issue #8.  Congrats Frank!  And I can't wait to see them, I already have the variants from you for Harley and her Gang of Harleys!
Reply to topic FRANK CHO Forum Index - ► Frank Cho Comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: