Frank Cho apesandbabes forum message board
Home Forum Contact Liberty Meadows Register Profile Check your private messages Log in
*** Frank Cho's Wonder Woman Covers ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic FRANK CHO Forum Index - ► Frank Cho Comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_UgoM!_
ut infra

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sevenfeet wrote:

Now for some light criticism.  I love the muscular stance, especially the powerful legs.  Reminds me of some of the female athletes I went to college with on the crew team.  But I'm not feeling the proportions on the head.  Is it just me or does her face seem slightly too small compared to the rest of her body?

WW is a super-hero, not a 'human'

Natural body proportion is 7 1/2 7 HDS (basically the total  height of a 'standard' human body is 7 1/2 times the length of head)

Super-heroes proportions: 8 HDS (standard, commonly used) but up to 9 HDS for dramatic effect.

The boot on the left is indeed a bit odd-looking, hard to render a boot or a foot posed that way, but Cho has a ton of morgue files, he must have found a reference that matched what he needed on that image and used that.

I admire you guys' keen eye...all I noticed was the size of her boobs.
Sevenfeet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

_UgoM!_ wrote:

WW is a super-hero, not a 'human'

Natural body proportion is 7 1/2 7 HDS (basically the total  height of a 'standard' human body is 7 1/2 times the length of head)

Super-heroes proportions: 8 HDS (standard, commonly used) but up to 9 HDS for dramatic effect.

The boot on the left is indeed a bit odd-looking, hard to render a boot or a foot posed that way, but Cho has a ton of morgue files, he must have found a reference that matched what he needed on that image and used that.

I admire you guys' keen eye...all I noticed was the size of her boobs.

I fully expect that there is always artistic license in the portrayal of the human form in superhero comics. (i.e. boobs).  And now you have me looking at the right boot.  For me (especially from my perspective being as tall as I am), the boot looks like a size 8 when it really should be a 10-11.  Heck my wife wears a 10 1/2 and she's less than 6 feet tall.

Thanks for the insight on measurement perspective.  I didn't know there was a specific formula (but I guess they have to teach something in art classes).  Smile
skull island

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:20 pm    Post subject: Cho's Wonder Woman Reply with quote

Facebook users head over to Spectrum Fantastic Art Live's Facebook page and check out their new header. A familiar face and familiar curves from an outstanding artist.
Eamon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was listing to I sell Comics podcast and heard about all the issues with the Wonder Woman variant cover and Craig Rocha.

What a load of old arse that is eh?!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
NiceGuy8198

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: NEED THIS COMIC!!! Reply with quote

I must have this comic book!  Wonder Woman #35 comic book where she is complaining about Frank Cho drawing her butt so large.  Is there a way I can get one???

[
Reply to topic FRANK CHO Forum Index - ► Frank Cho Comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: