Frank Cho apesandbabes forum message board
Home Forum Contact Liberty Meadows Register Profile Check your private messages Log in
Cavewoman's Abilites and Potential
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic FRANK CHO Forum Index - ► Cavewoman & Budd Root
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thunder head88

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:29 pm    Post subject: Cavewoman's Abilites and Potential Reply with quote

Hello all it's been a while. I want to make this topic to be the end all be all of everything having to do with Meriems abilities ranging from things like, how good is she with weapons to how good is her tracking ability etc. This topic is basically talking about what you would like to see more in future issues of Cavewoman concerning her abilities and the potential she has with them.
So what do you guys think our favorite Jungle Princess can REALLY do?

One Click on the image to zoom in ------------- Double-click on image to zoom out
thunder head88

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:02 pm    Post subject: Weapons Reply with quote

I guess since nobody posted any ideas I guess i'll post what I would like to see more of. I would like to see more of Meriems use with weapons like the Bow and Arrow or a Spear (more so the Bow and Arrows) etc. Since Meriem is supposedly good with an assortment of different weapons I thought it would be a good idea to get to see exactly how good she really is with basic hunting weapons like again the Bow and Arrows, The Spear, Nets, Bolos, or heck even her infamous Knife. I have seen her do some crazy things with that Knife (like throwing her blade like a buzz saw at a flying creature and taking it's head clean off) so seeing more crazy things would be even better.

I also would like to see more creativity with the use of traps. Meriem is very good with setting up traps to catch big Dinos so it would be cool to see just how good she is with setting up traps, especially against things other than Dinos like humans or Aliens etc.
kick

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's funny i introduced a spear for her back in cavewoman: sea monsters. she's had it with her eversince. i've never seen her use a bow and arrow in any of budds' stories. i guess i could  ask if it would be okay for her to use one. frankly it never crossed my mind. her knife just seemed more like a utinsil then a weapon, i guess due to all her amazing abilities i unknowingly played her knife down. i'll try and think up more ways to fit it into the storyline in the future . Big Smile
thunder head88

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The double bladed Spear was good, it definitely added another layer of creativity to her character. I just wish she'd used it a lot more than she did but that could just be me. Its just like when Meriem made and used Spiked Bolos  in CW: Rain #7. Now about the Bow and Arrows. The Bow and Arrow is actually one of the first weapons Meriem learned how to use when she was still a kid, you learn about that in original series issue 5. So yeah she has actually used them quite a bit when she was still a child, you just never really got to see how good she is with it though.

And about the Knife, you right in that it acts as a utensil but for the most part it's her primary weapon of choice. Her knife skills should be used as an extension of her abilities just like how Spider-man uses his web shooters. In Cavewoman Jungle Tales you see Meriem practicing her Knife throwing skills while waiting to catch a big fish, so that tells us right there that she does spend sometime perfecting her already master level Knife throwing.
kick

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:02 am    Post subject: weapons Reply with quote

i've never seen any of the jungle tales. when i started at amryl they sent me a copy of rain and some of the prehistoric pinups. all my stories have been influenced by those books . in time i got scans of the reloaded stuff . they were fun. and they filled a whole lot of gaps for me. i'm not against her using a bow , though it does remind me of a valiant character name turok dinosaur hunter or something like that. do you know that character?
thunder head88

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow you've never read any of the Jungle Tales books? Ah man you've gotta check those books out especially Jungle Tales #1 (the mature version preferably). That's where you find out how good she is with her Knife. There's a website called Fantasy Comix where they have a lot of Budds Cavewoman comics to read for free including JT #1. I suggest checking that out or maybe you can ask Kevin for a copy cuz I think you can really expand on her Knife skills after reading that.

As for Turok. I've never played the game but I know who he is and have seen some gameplay from his games. You could use some of the gameplay feats of Turok to help improve Meriems Bow and Arrow skills. If you wanna know the comic where you find out about her using a Bow, the issue is Cavewoman Reloaded #5. Man if only I could show you all the Cavewoman comics that I have.

By the way. What days are you usually online? Wednesday are my best days.
kick

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:46 pm    Post subject: bow Reply with quote

i usually tune in on mondays. that's when i do everything other then art. i take care of bills, messages, mail etc. after that it's kind of random. if i've had a good day drawing i'll look in on the forum and see what's going on.
as for the tales , thanks for the suggestion . i'll look in on it.
thunder head88

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo kick how's it going? Did you get a chance to check out CW Jungle Tales #1? If so let me know what you think. Also, I've realized something while I was reading threw the original series. You actually get a glimpse of Meriems Bow and Arrow skills in issue 5 when you see her skewer a fish from a very high cliff, combine that with her enhanced vison and Meriem could possibly be one of the best Archers in comics.

Speaking of Vison, how good is her vison exactly? I've red that she does have enhanced sight but to what extent? I red on Wikipedia that Meriem can see an ant up to two miles away, but for the love of me I cannot find a single issue where she did that. You wouldn't happen to know the issue where she does that do you? I also red on there that she is accomplished in Wrestling and Boxing. The Wrestling part I get but Boxing? I know Meriem is a pretty good brawler but I don't know if that's in the same league as Boxing. Is it?
kick

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:14 pm    Post subject: brawler Reply with quote

i'd say no. boxing is more refined then brawling. knowing how to block a punch and how to counter one for instance . how to step into a punch to increase its power and how to evade without losing your balance. brawling is a free for all in comparison. an anything goes you might say. if meriem has boxing skills, i'm surprised since nothing i've read of budds indicates that. but if she did, her skill level would  be fundamental at best due on the fact of the age in which she was abandoned .
i'll check out issue five , and thanks.
i know her eyesight and sense of smell are better. but how much
i couldn't say for sure. a guess would be as good as hawkeyes.  

so have you been able to talk to budd on facebook yet?
if not, that question would be a great place to start.
thunder head88

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually no I haven't. I never really did the whole facebook thing because I never really saw the need for it. But if that's the only place to speak to Budd about questions concerning Cavewoman, then I may have to relent.

As far as her sense of smell and sight go. I would compare her sense of smell to a dog or a wolf, once she has your sent she can pretty much track you just about anywhere I believe, to what extent I don't know, same thing goes for her sight. At the very least it is better than Hawkeyes because he's just a regular human, Meriem is a super human, so all of her natural abilities are all enhanced to a certain level.

Thanks for the tid bit on Boxing cause I've never seen her box in any of Budds works either (perhaps if she did she wouldn't have had such a hard time against the Vampire King in CW: Pangeaen Sea). Hey now that I think about it what about Meriems wrestling moves? I've seen her do some pretty crazy wrestling maneuvers on dinos and people. In CW:Natural Selection she managed to choke out the Blonde Jungle Woman with a figure-four-leg choke hold. That shows me that Meriem is actually good at Submission Maneuvers, combine that with her savage fighting and well you have one serious little lady to deal with. All this just makes me that much more exited to read the up coming CW: Sisters of the Arena storyline.

I'm hoping the issues of your upcoming series comes out before the end of the year (at the very least part 1). Any idea what Month I should expect the comics to come out? I know I've asked you this question before and I'm sorry if I keep bothering you with it, its just that Cavewoman comics are hard to pin point when they come out every month or even they come at all. Like I was expecting CW: Killing Dinos 101 Summer Break to come out last month but instead it came out yesterday. I know you and Devon are working hard on these comics and believe me I appreciate everything you guys do because I love this character (I'm also hoping to have nudity back in her books but that's besides the point lol), but if there is an easier way to tell when her books come out do you know?
Reply to topic FRANK CHO Forum Index - ► Cavewoman & Budd Root All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: