Frank Cho apesandbabes forum message board
Home Forum Contact Liberty Meadows Register Profile Check your private messages Log in
Cavewoman as an ongoing series

Reply to topic FRANK CHO Forum Index - ► Cavewoman & Budd Root
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Valeyard

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:02 am    Post subject: Cavewoman as an ongoing series Reply with quote

Cavewoman has always been a series of miniseries and one offs, but would the sales be better if it was an ongoing series. The biggest advantage i see that it would encourage a more dedicated following for the book. Readers seem to like a book with longer story arcs that rewards reading each issue. Also  I'm sure many a new reader may have gotten confused from the huge number of different one offs titles and which stories take place when in terms of the continuity. The only problem i see is that basically the books have three writers now budd, rob and devon and each does his own thing which is good and i love all their work but for a ongoing series to work there would have to be some meeting of the minds between the three on what story lines to do. What do you guys think?
kick

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you'll see only one book with the cavewoman title by itself. that is books done or that will be done by Budd Root. this is for the continuity of his storyline.   as for a ongoing story. you will notice in most of my books that the stories are linked. one story arch will have effects on the next. but not all time . sometimes i just like to do a one shot idea. to be honest i never thought i'd still be drawing the title this long. when i started on this title i assumed i was nothing more then a fill in till budd came back. so no long term stories were ever developed. and i can't speak for devon since he's been doing her longer than i have. so that's how it is. i was given a four issue max. my sales would need to be a lot stronger before they'd risk doing anything longer then that i'm afraid . Wink
kick

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the three different storylines kind of developed out of the fact that budd had prior commitments to fullfill. and he naturaly didn't have the time to manage all the spinoff titles . and since all of Devons' and my tales take place before Budds " Rain " story . there's no conflict between what we do and with anything Budd may want to do with her in the future .
Valeyard

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's hoping that sales for the 'The return' are good enough to let you do a longer series rob.
kick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after return i'll be doing a one shot called Cavewoman: recovery. this is where i'll introduce meriems' newest villain or villains.(lol) then i'll move on to my a next mini series called Cavewoman: shattered time. this story will involve prof. Cook rebuilding gramps time machine and sending meriem once again through time. it should be alot of fun. Very Very Happy
Valeyard

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to the The shattered time series. Having mereim continously in the same prehistoric setting gets a little tired. Thats one the reasons why i liked budds pangaean sea series, it put meriem in different settings.
thunder head88

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too cant wait for your upcoming Cavewoman series Recovery and Shattered Time. I also cant wait for the increased boob job as well  winky

By the way Rob, did Devon ever say anything about the return of AHNKA? Just curious.
kick

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

passed the word on to kevin. he said he'd let devon know . next time i talk with him i'll ask if he got a reply. Smile
Reply to topic FRANK CHO Forum Index - ► Cavewoman & Budd Root All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: