Frank Cho apesandbabes forum message board
Home Forum Contact Liberty Meadows Register Profile Check your private messages Log in
The Return of AHNKA
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic FRANK CHO Forum Index - ► Cavewoman & Budd Root
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thunder head88

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:52 pm    Post subject: The Return of AHNKA Reply with quote

Does anybody think that AHNKA from Cavewoman Intervention should return to cause Meriem problems? Personally, I think she would make for a very good rival for Cavewoman because after looking threw her comics I've noticed that Meriem really doesn't have that 1 good rival or antagonist to go up against (or any for that matter).

So what do you guys think, Should AHNKA return or do you guys have ideas for a good villain for Cavewoman?

One Click on the image to zoom in ------------- Double-click on image to zoom out
kick

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have no problem with her coming back. i'll put in a good word to Devon for you. the problem of no villians, well i suppose her environment is the threat. but if you'd like to see her go up against more human adversaries . all i can think off hand would be someone in the government. someone who dislikes her like sgt. marston. you'll have to give me more info on ahnka.  

Smile
thunder head88

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow man thanks. Do let me know what Devon thinks about it. AHNKA abilities are: a knack for genetic manipulation (although compared to her species she's actually pretty bad at it), she's almost as strong as Meriem, and she has a belly button energy blaster thingy. And she's pretty hot to Wink

As far as adversaries go, I'd like to see her go up against something that can really challenge her. Because of the environment that Meriem lives in it 'd have to be a new Monster like that Tentacle monster in CW Extinction.
kick

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, ok i see where your going. shouldn't be to hard to come up with something. don't be surprised if you see a new adversary for cavewoman appear after i finish with the return storyline.

Rob Smile
thunder head88

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome man, cant wait to see who or what kind adversary is going to rough up Cavewoman after u finish Return (should be really fun to watch Wink ). I would also like to see more of Meriem's fighting ability sometime in the near future as well. I mean I know it's stretching it to say that somebody is gonna start bustin out kung fu on her but I would like to see her really go to fist city on somebody (presumably one who can take a punch from her).

Speaking of fighting, how exactly would you describe Meriems fighting style?
kick

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bum rush. no,no, just kidding . meriem tends to out maneuver her opponents most of the time. she sets traps, and makes the opponent make mistakes that she capitalizes on. but most of all, she's a brawler. a true street fighter. backed up with skin and nails as hard as steel . wow i can't wait to do this next story arch. i'm hyped already . lol Very Very Happy

Last edited by kick on Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
thunder head88

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait either on your next Cavewoman story arc rob and is just as hyped as you are man. And I have no idea what your gonna do and I'm still pumped  Very Very Happy. I also would like to see more nudity in her comics as well. I remember what u said last time about nudity in her comics and how it dropped her sales, but surely some nudity every now and then wouldn't hurt right? Plus when u think about it, if Meriem was to ever get into a serious fight it's almost guaranteed that she's going to have a wardrobe malfunction considering how well endowed she is and also the outfit she normally wears. That's not being tasteless that's just being realistic IMO.

Also one more thing about AHNKA I forgot to mention (though I'm sure you've probably already figured it out), she's an alien who comes from a planet called Danniken. Just another little tid bit about her.
kick

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i started on the book i thought some nudity was what the readers wanted. silly me.  i also discovered that some of the store owners won't order as many or any if there's nudity. so if the customer didn't order it in advance they didn't get it. we used to do at least one pinup book a year which contained nudity . mine didn't do so well. so we had to stop publishing them. had a customer write to me that the way i did her topless in sea monster. is the way she should be done all the time. we lost 100 sales on that print run.
i've had other readers ask for more nudity and i myself  think occasional nudity fits this character . but sales say otherwise.
i'd like to accommodate those readers with a seperate online title in color. but kevin doesn't feel enough people would support it. unfortunately nudity is in the minority for now.  you need to show the store owners that this is what you want to read. like with any business ,the customer's always right. Smile
thunder head88

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I had no idea having nudity in her books was this rough. My comic book store owner wouldn't really have a problem with her comics cause the same store also sales Tarot Witch of The Black Roes and that comic is chalk full nudity and sex in almost every issue. Now I'm not saying Cavewoman should be like Tarot, but occasional nudity in her books shouldn't (imo) bring her sales down to such a degree.

I think you should start a official poll asking the fans if they want occasional nudity in the book or not and see how that goes cause ultimately it's the fans who have the final say on the matter. Like you I feel some nudity every now and then in her books shouldn't hurt and I'm pretty sure Budd and Devon feel the same way about it as well. I just really don't want to see nudity permanently removed from her comics when it's actually part of her character. Surely there's something that can be done about this instead of the alternative isn't there? Sad
kick

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you gave the perfect example with tarot. her readers made the store owners know that she was what they wanted so the stores complied. Devon has done nudity in the past but i haven't noticed any recently . i could be wrong on that. but i was told his sales have been improving.
it really doesn't matter if Budd has nudity or not . his reader base is big enough to withstand a small drop in sales.
out of the three of us ,i have the smallest readership . so any dip in sales is noticed. Smile would like to say problem solved, but i can't. Sad
Reply to topic FRANK CHO Forum Index - ► Cavewoman & Budd Root All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: