Frank Cho apesandbabes forum message board
Home Forum Contact Liberty Meadows Register Profile Check your private messages Log in
Spectrum Live! April 21 - 23

Reply to topic FRANK CHO Forum Index - ► Frank Cho Comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skull island

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Spectrum Live! April 21 - 23 Reply with quote

"I goin' to Kansas City! Kansas City here I come!"
After a year's hiatus Spectrum Fantastic Art Live! is back in KC this weekend.
Frank Cho is doing a drawing demo, according to the schedule, on Saturday from 1 - 2 PM. Can't wait to be back at this show. This year I'm taking my younger daughter who has been drawing since she was old enough to sit up and get a grip on a crayon. She's considering going to a local art centered school for her last two years of high school.
Should be a great show. It always is. This year admission price is only five bucks a day.
"Yep, going to Kansas City..."
Tim

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to come but my health has issues with the weather and I cannot be there. sorry frank. Good luck Skull Island.
skull island

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry Tim. The weather is weird this year but it hasn't stopped my hay fever from flaring up. I hope you get to feeling better and that you can catch up with Mr. Cho another time.

Blessings and best wishes,
Aaron
P. S. I will take pictures and I imagine they'll get posted over on Spectrum Fantastic Art Live's Facebook page.
skull island

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject: Cho in KC Reply with quote

Howdy Gang,

My daughter, Jessica, and I had a great time in Kansas City on Friday and Saturday. I was following her around introducing her to artists I know, and checking out the ones she was discovering. We got to talk to Frank at the Flesk tables. On Saturday I have to admit I missed his drawing demonstration because I was listening to Carla Ortiz talk about her work on Doctor Strange with my girl. However, after the demo we did see the art (Venom and Poison Ivy) Frank drew at his table. Jessica spotted one of his Poison Ivy covers and the two of them got into a discussion of the highs and lows of the Suicide Squad movie. While they were talking Frank was kind enough to do a quick head sketch of an allosaurus on the title page of the Cho issue of Modern Masters. It was wonderful to watch you work. Thanks so much, Mr. Cho. Hope to see you again next year. I picked up a couple of  other things, but that dinosaur drawing is the icing and a cherry on the whole Spectrum Live! cake. Frank Cho is the real deal. Accept no substitute!
Frank Cho
Monkeyboy King

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, dude. It was nice talking to you again and your "made-in-Japan" daughter.

And yes, the Suicide Squad movie sucked.  Wink
Reply to topic FRANK CHO Forum Index - ► Frank Cho Comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: