Frank Cho apesandbabes forum message board
Home Forum Contact Liberty Meadows Register Profile Check your private messages Log in
Bring Back Carrie Fulton

Reply to topic FRANK CHO Forum Index - ► Cavewoman & Budd Root
View previous topic :: View next topic  
icejaw19

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject: Bring Back Carrie Fulton Reply with quote

Top 5 Reasons to bring back Carrie Fulton:
#BringBackCarrieFulton

1.) Balanced with Cavewoman perfectly

Carrie was nerdy and brainy; Meriem was strong and resourceful. She was sexually empowered, Meriem could ask her questions (Girl Talk). Conversely Carrie was shy about her body in public; Meriem has no problem with nudity.

Also, Carrie had a great butt; Meriem has great boobs. Perfect double trouble Wink

2.) Fan base for Fulton

Google "Cavewoman Carrie Fulton" see how much fan artwork there is.

There isn't another Cavewoman supporting character who has that level of love from the fans.

3.) Meriem needed a Friend

Superman's Pal: Jimmy Olsen, The Dynamic Duo: Batman and Robin, Wolverine and Kitty Pride.

Even the greatest heroes who are renowned for flying solo need a companion, friend, or side-kick from time to time in storylines and Carrie was it for Meriem.

Yes, Cavewoman has a boyfriend in Bruce, and a "wise old mentor" in the Professor, but who does she go to for "girl talk"?

"I really miss my boyfriend."
"I miss my boyfriend too."
what's your boyfriend like?"
"Oh he's so cute! He's sweet and shy, and, well..
I just love corrupting him!"

"The girls talk long into the nite." -Cavewoman:Oasis #2, pg 17

4.) Actual Character Development

Carrie Fulton is one of the few supporting characters in recent years that has been featured over more than one story-arch. With that opportunity she has been able to grow as a character.

For example, by spending time with Meriem, Carrie has become a stronger  and confident character.

She is scared and nervous when we find her in Cavewoman: Oasis #1, but helps plan their escape with Meriem. By the Ankha's Revenge storyline we find her chasing after a villain in a museum, taking the head off a rampaging Mummy, and knocking out Ankha to save Meriem.

Of course my personal favorite example is Carrie's development to overcome her timidity with her body and the oasis outfits Wink

"Where do they get these outfits, Frederick's of Cimmeria?...I'm so nervous"
-Cavewoman:Oasis #1, pg 19,20

"Remember these?...I can't believe we wore these and danced in front of all those people! I was so nervous!"
-Ankha's Revenge #2, pg 10

"I still have mine!...Oh yeah! It's like a souvenir. I wear it under my clothes sometimes...I love it! Besides, It drives my boyfriend crazy!"
-Ankha's Revenge #2, pg 11

Now that's some character development I can get behind Wink  My only disappointment was that Meriem didn't don an oasis outfit with her at the return to Oasis and they weren't clad in them for the rest and the next issue ^_^

5.) Woman in Refrigerator

What happened to Carrie at the end of issue #3 was a classic example of the tired trope: "Stuffed into the Fridge"

http://tvtropes.org......eFridge

If Ankha had snapped her neck at the beginning of issue #3, as she'd threatened, and it provided Meriem with the motivation to defeat her in the upcoming catfight, it could be argued that the death served a purpose.

However, without an #4 where Meriem could use her death to overcome a second confrontation with the villain, but was rather a jump-scare at the end of the story, it only served to upset and anger the audience.

I mean, we may as well add Carrie Fulton to this list of Women in Refridgerators:
http://lby3.com/wir/women.html

In conclusion, I was specifically miffed to discover that it was Kevin Alsop, and not Devon Massey, who said:
"And truth be told, it was my idea to kill her not his."

source: Cavewoman Group on Facebook, under the comments for image of Cavewoman: Ankha's Revenge #3, pg. 21
https://www.facebook.com/pg/cavewomancomics/photos/?ref=page_internal

The plus side is that, if it wasn't Devon's decision, then our gracious and talented creator of Carrie Fulton could bring her back.
So let me make my appeal:

Dead Devon Massey,

Please bring back Carrie Fulton.

I love her. The fans love her. She is the perfect friend and companion for our beloved Meriem Cooper.

Thank you for your consideration =)
thunder head88

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject: The death of Carrie Fulton Reply with quote

I agree with everything you've said except for number 5. I'm going to assume that your the guy that was making a fuss over Carrie's death on Cavewoman's Facebook page and if so, I think your overreacting a little bit.

Yes Carrie's death is sad. I'm sad that she died too but you need to understand something. This mini series wasn't so much about Carrie Fulton, or Meriem for that matter. It was about Ahnka and her being established as Meriem's first REAL arch-nemesis, which is something she's never really had.

Had Ahnka killed off Carrie at the beginning of issue 3, yes it would've motivated Cavewoman to defeat Ahnka even more but what would that have made Ahnka? Just another weak enemy for Meriem to beat and toss away like she ALWAYS does? No that is not Ahnka and it should never be.

I've always said that a strong villain, makes for an even stronger hero. What would heroes like Spider-Man or Batman be without strong villains like The Green Goblin, or The Joker to help push them passed their limits and then some? Certainly wouldn't be as legendary as they are now. What does Meriem have to push her to her limits hmm? A T-Rex? I'm sorry but that's just not gonna cut it.

All in all dude, Carrie's death does serve a purpose. 1. Its to help establish Ahnka as a serious and powerful antagonist to Cavewoman, the likes of which she's never had before. And 2. It's to help motivate Cavewoman to become stronger than what she already is and that maybe it wasn't such a good idea for her to bring Carrie along as her sidekick in the first place. All this we will find out in future issues so just be patient and calm down. Good things is sure to come and the rivalry between these two super strong, sexy ladies just got personal. I for one couldn't be more excited Very Very Happy
thunder head88

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. Even though it might've been Kevin's idea for Carrie to be killed off, Devon was the one who also agreed to it. Kevin has told me that even though he's the publisher for Cavewoman comics he doesn't make Devon or Budd do things that they aren't comfortable doing with Cavewoman.
MegaGearX

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't agree with #5 because a woman died to motivate a female hero.
If Meriem was a man, it would have made all of the difference.

I liked Carrie too. It was great for Meriem to have a female sidekick who wasn't Bruce, Clyde, Lumpy or the Professor. That harem suit was almost like her costume damn near.

I've rarely seen Meriem get her ass kicked so badly. Not since Clyde back in Cavewoman: Rain (I think?) and possibly Dracula?!! It will be interesting to see how Meriem deals with an enemy who can beat her and Carrie's death.

Who knows...maybe Carrie can be resurrected in the future. These are comic books after all.
icejaw19

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carrie Fulton is beloved by readers and fellow nerds alike, judging by the fan art alone:

http://icejaw19.dev......-Carrie

Devon Massey would be remiss not to return her to the pages of Cavewoman Comics...and these are comics, after all, anyone can come back Wink

#BringBackCarrieFulton
thunder head88

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling we will see Carrie Fulton again except it might not be as we remembered. Ahnka did say that she was going to use her in one of her experiments and that she'd make a great pet to keep around. Perhaps next time Meriem faces Ahnka she's going to sick the new and improved "Monster Carrie Fulton" on her just to not only beat her up but to cause more heartache to her already broken heart. It would force Meriem to have to make an extremely hard decision to either save her best friend (if she can), or kill her (which is most likely what she'd have to do).

This is just speculation of what I think is gonna happen next time Meriem faces Ahnka. I can totally see Ahnka pulling something like this off though, and so far she hasn't lied about what she says she's going to do (ala neck snap).
thunder head88

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]I've rarely seen Meriem get her ass kicked so badly. Not since Clyde back in Cavewoman: Rain (I think?) and possibly Dracula?!! It will be interesting to see how Meriem deals with an enemy who can beat her and Carrie's death.[/quote]

I wouldn't count her fight with Klyde as the only reason he got the upper hand on her was because Sgt. Marshstone got in the way of the fight with his stupid grenade launcher. Other than that, Meriem's first real beatdown was at the hands of the Vampire King (not Dracula) in CW: Pangeaen Sea. However what Ahnka did to her is even worse as technically she defeated her not once, not twice, but THREE times in the span of 2 issues. The first at the end of issue #2, the second at the beginning of issue three, and the third at the end of issue #3 and that's when she really messed her up.

Payback is indeed a b**ch in Meriem's case.
icejaw19

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't Meriem beat Ankha the first time in Cavewoman: Intervention #2?

That's why I was so surprised when she got the tar kicked outta her in Ankha's Revenge :/

Sorry Thunder_Head88, Ankha can't do anything to Carrie cuz her body was in the space craft that too Meriem back to Marshville.

But with all that alien super science back in Ankha's lab, you can't tell me her friends couldn't bring her back.

Otherwise there's the super soldier type lab below Marshville from Cavewoman: Labrynth.

Or the scientist who's Mona's boss in Cavewoman: Natural Selection.

Not to mention all the other science, magic, and time traveling huntress from Budd Root's story lines. Plenty of ways to bring Carrie back Wink

And if Devon does #BringBackCarrieFulton all the fans over here:

http://icejaw19.dev......-Carrie

Will be delighted, especially myself, and I'll personally help promote the issue and boosts sales for the issue a that feature Carrie Fulton once more Smile

( especially if she's in her oasis outfit Very Very Happy  )
ManCave

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, just to throw my two cents into this, I also think that Carrie Fulton's death served little to no purpose and was done in poor taste. Like icejaw19, I also loved the attention given to her character development over the course of the series and the friendship that she and Meriem had formed. Seeing someone who I believed was becoming a main character in the series discarded so quickly and flippantly really put a bad taste in my mouth. Woman in the refrigerator indeed...
Reply to topic FRANK CHO Forum Index - ► Cavewoman & Budd Root All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: